Kort om föreläsningen:
The interest in social entrepreneurship has risen substantially over the last years. Many policymakers and practitioners are engaged in developing new models and new regulations to support social ventures. In parallel, researchers are examining the prevalence of social entrepreneurship, as well as the drivers and impacts.
Social entrepreneurship is an emerging and rapidly developing field of business in which entrepreneurs employ business methods to solve social and environmental challenges. They also create new and innovative business models for neglected markets.
There are numerous definitions of social entrepreneurship; however, there is a broad consensus that the field address two issues:
• it involves creativity, imagination, and innovation associated with entrepreneurship
• outcomes of social entrepreneurship are focused on addressing persistent social problems, particularly to those who are marginalized or poor
During this webinar professor Siri Terjesen, Florida Atlantic University and the Norwegian School of Economics, and one of the leading researchers on social entrepreneurship will present the latest research on the topic.
Among the topics she will address are:
• What is distinctive about social entrepreneurship, and how is it different from traditional entrepreneurship?
• What is the prevalence rate of social entrepreneurship around the world and in Sweden?
• Implications for policy and practice.
Participants will be able to ask questions.
Kort om föreläsaren/föreläsarna:
Dr. Siri Terjesen is Associate Dean, Research & External Relations and Phil Smith Professor of Entrepreneurship at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) in Boca Raton, Florida, and Professor II at the Norwegian School of Economics (Norges Handelshøyskole: NHH) in Bergen, Norway. Siri’s research on entrepreneurship has been published in over 80 articles, two books, many white papers, and manuscripts (e.g., for Kauffman Foundation, World Bank, and United States Small Business Administration), and has received over 11,000 citations on Google Scholar. She is an Associate Editor of four journals.
Forskningsnyheter om innovation, entreprenörskap och småföretagande varannan vecka.
För en hållbar tillväxt och stärkt konkurrenskraft.